crack cookie (via urbandictionary)
a cookie so good the eater will be addicted to it fromt the first bite, made of all legal substances at the local supermarket
Disclaimer: if you’re on a diet, look away now.
These are so easy to make that you’re bound to want to have a supply on hand all the time and then you can’t stop eating them. Before you know it it’s the third batch you’ve made in as many weeks, it’s all downhill from there, so I thought I’d just let you know what you’re in for upfront. Because I’m nice like that.
This recipe comes from a Canadian friend, Tatiana with whom I have played many board games and shared many rude jokes. She also ruined me by telling me that North American Oreos are not the same as the chinese made crap we get here. I can now never eat a normal Oreo again.
- 125g Premium or Saltine crackers (½ a box)
- 180g butter
- 180g brown sugar
- 50g dark chocolate buttons, I like to use Lindt 56%
- 65g pecan pieces, lightly toasted
- Find a baking pan (it must have sides) that's going to fit all those Premiums in a single layer - 30cm x 30cm (12" x 12") or whatever else that will fit. If your pan is a bit too big, scrunch up some aluminium foil and pad in the empty spaces to stop the premiums moving around. You don't need to line the pan with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sugar, stirring until all the butter has melted. Stop stirring and allow the caramel mixture to bubble - watch it carefully so that it doesn't burn.
- Use a spatula to spread the caramel mixture evenly over the crackers.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until the caramel has large bubbles, and has slightly darkened around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and top with chocolate buttons. They will start to melt, so use a spatula to make sure the chocolate is spread over the whole layer.
- Top with pecans, break into serving size pieces and try not to eat them all at once.